Opdracht informatie (Deze opdracht is verlopen)
ICT - Security > Cyber security consultant, ICT - Security > Security officer, Administratief > Overig
Log in om een job alert te maken voor opdrachten binnen deze vakgebieden.
The Global Lead for Cybersecurity & Legal and Regulatory will be key member of the IT Legal team that support the PTX/D and CyberDefence, information technology organizations.
Key accountability is acting as business partner to VP Information Risk Management (CISO) and IRM Leadership Team, and acting as subject matter expert on legal aspects related to network and information security for Legal function.
The role includes advising on legal and regulatory matters related to:
- security and compliance aspects related to existing and developing technologies;
- enterprise technical and organizational security measures and controls, policies and guidance;
- cyber incident response procedures, including (cyber incident) disaster recovery, regulatory engagement, supply chain management;
- key strategic IT vendors
- horizon scanning (5-10 years), including looking at technology developments, business changes, and regulatory impact
This role is accountable for supporting our Legal, IT and information risk management teams for:
- horizon scanning lead, preparing strategy, briefings and undertaking advocacy and policy work in information technology & digitalization;
- legal guidance for IT controls (security-by-design and compliance by design) in relation to strategic IT solutions, infrastructure and operations;
- preparing and responding to cyber incidents, interfacing and coordinating and supporting business and compliance legal counsels during incidents, and training and communications on learning from incidents;
- engaging external resources (legal databases, external counsel, regulators, et cetera) to do active training and horizon scanning in Legal & Regulatory developments affecting the IT strategy and operations, and supporting different projects in introducing, training and embedding new L&R developments within IT or Legal
- training & awareness on the above topics
Which can include:
- day to day legal queries and business deals taking the lead on all relevant IT Legal activities within identified client areas, including on topics such as encryption, telecommunication legislation, cyber incident response, and compliance by design.
- Working closely with the compliance teams (such as Data Privacy or Information Management Teams) to develop appropriate positions in relation to new commercial projects or regulatory and legislative initiatives;
- Project work advising on specific projects and assignments to ensure overall legal guidance is given to business within the right context, including ensuring others are involved where legal specialism is required;
- Strategic contract support and management: supporting CP leads in managing, negotiating, drafting, amending and advising on all contracts from an information technology perspective (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, enterprise software and data licenses, IT consultancy, DevOps, et cetera);
- Manage identified areas of law and be a proactive subject matter expert in (enterprise) information technology topics reviewing externally published materials, take part in horizon scanning activities, support compliance of IT function with relevant regulations and legislation, and/or interfacing with local legal counsel to determine or support global strategy and/or local impact.
- Instructing, managing and developing relationships with external counsel, where required.
- Manage, develop and maintain relationships to facilitate effective delivery of legal advice and assistance.
- To develop and train team members to be efficient and have the tools to carry out their role.
- To provide training to identified business areas on law, processes and policies.
- To support both senior and junior members of the team.
- Proactively contribute to the Legal strategy, planning, cohesion, consistency in advice and the general efficiency and effectiveness of the department as a whole.
- Qualified lawyer or jurist with demonstrable expertise in IT subject areas.
- Previous substantial and demonstrable Legal IT subject matter expert experience.
- Agile mindset, willing to work with others
- Significant experience at law firm or in-house at global enterprise in required area of expertise.
- Previous experience of working within a technology and digital legal environment preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as on own initiative.
- Superior time management, planning and organisational skills.
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven experience in relationship building and partnering.
- Ability to motivate and influence others, irrespective of whether they be senior management or junior member