Opdracht informatie (Deze opdracht is verlopen)
ICT - Data & Analyse > Data analist, ICT - Data & Analyse > Data engineer
Log in om een job alert te maken voor opdrachten binnen deze vakgebieden.
The client processes and stores large sets of data. Those datasets are kept for certain periods for both operational business reasons as well as to meet regulatory compliance requirements.
Because of above we see our storage costs growing faster then our business even with the declining unit prices.
We are looking for a data analyst who can do a bottom up analysis of the current storage consumption and work with the data owners, users and other stakeholders (like compliance and legal) to reduce the amount stored and to create a clear set of requirements and guidelines that control data growth in the future.
With the following results:
- overview of current storage consumption (and costs), allocated to software components and associated business owners
- concrete advice on reducing storage consumption (by purging, shorter retention, etc)
- concrete set of guidelines/requirements that will keep the storage requirement and growth to a minimum
Relevant knowledge, skills, competences & desired education level
- experience with data modelling
- understanding of different data storage technologies (RDBMSs, hadoop, kafka, file systems)
- experience with backup & archiving technologies (CommVault preferred)
- experience with data in a highly regulated global environment
- good documentation and communication skills
- fluent in English
Initial term of 3 months to cover a subset of the business, this period can be prolonged dependent the results/value the candidate delivers.