- Publicatie datum:22 oktober 2017
- Aantal keer bekeken 144
- Opleidingsniveau HBOErvaringsniveau Medior, SeniorAantal uur per week 33 tot 40 uur
- Start datum 20 November 2017Eind datum 29 June 2018Branche ervaring Financiele dienstverlening
The Wholesale & International (W&I) domain is one of the five domainswithin the IT Systems organisation. The W&I domain within IT Systemssupports the client and products (Financial Markets and Corporate Banking)systems for the wholesale bank across the globe. W&I is characterized bythe complexity and fragmentation of the current IT landscape.
W&I is responsible for more than 50 (critical) wholesale bankingapplications of which the majority has a high availability requirement, whichare being serviced by 350 IT professionals. In case of service disruptions thiswill have an immediate effect on the reputation of and the financial risk.
IT Systems Wholesale & International is looking for an experienced,self-motivated and fast learning Operations Engineer. The candidate will mainlybe responsible supporting activities related to the four applications managedby the ‘GASS’ devops team (Calypso GNA, AST, SMBA and Smart Predict).
As Operations Engineer you are responsible to run and change the applicationswithin IT Systems. Besides the regular support activities, you implement changerequests based on broad knowledge of ITIL processes.
As Operations Engineer you are an active member of the DevOps team workingclosely with other disciplines/roles. You are a T-shaped professional and ableto combine one or more technical specialties with ability to take over basicactivities of other specialists in a team (analysis, development and testing).You have general knowledge of software development and knowledge about thebusiness domain for which you work for. An intrinsic drive to personaldevelopment in new specialties is key to success as an Operations Engineer.Being flexible and taking ownership forms the mind-set that is necessary forthis function.
We work as a whole team using agile principles, and are currently transitioningto DevOps. The team consists of around 5 people who execute the various rolesrelated to business analysis, development, testing and support.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge:
Hands-on attitude, acting pro-active, solution oriented
• Enthusiastic team player
• Experience with supporting software applications 2+ years
• Analytical mind-set able to continuously improve the service
• Knowledge of and experience with Agile, Lean and ITIL.
• Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM/DEVOPS team
• Able and willing to work in shifts (not 9-5 mentality)
• Experience with working in a dynamic international environment
• Fluent English and Dutch; good communication in both languages
• Education HBO (NL) or College (UK), preferably in Information Technology.
• Good understanding of typical use and maintenance of linux/unix machines(particularly command line operations, routine administration tasks etc)
• Experience/insight into investigation of performance issues on aforementioneddatabases/operating systems
• Good understanding and experience of messaging systems such as Websphere MQ
• Experience with java technologies
• Experience with at least one Unix based scripting language (shell, perl,python)
• Willingness to contribute to an on-call overnight rota
Nice to have
• Experience of automatic deployment tools such as XLDeploy/XLRelease
• Experience of test automation software such as fitnesse